Annual Accounting and Audting Update
Accounting Update (morning session)
In the morning session, our guest speaker, Dr. Regan Garey, CPA, we will discuss some of the latest revisions to US GAAP, as well as updates that are in process. Areas to be discussed in this workshop include the following: new revenue recognition standards, lease standards, and more. Mini case studies and exercises will be part of this interactive workshop session.
Audit and Controls Update: Integrating the Four Arms of COSO Guidance (afternoon session)
Over the last 30 years, the Committee of Sponsoring Organizations of the Treadway Commission, or COSO, has been a leading thought provider in the U.S., as well as around the world, in fraud deterrence, internal controls, (enterprise) risk management, and governance and operational performance. Auditors - both external and internal - have looked to COSO to provide vital guidance and authoritative reference support in planning, performing, and reporting on audits of internal control. This includes the transition to and ongoing alignment and integration with, COSOs most recently updated Internal Control, Integrated Framework for SOX 404 considerations, and assessment purposes. A major challenge for auditors is how to organize and prioritize the four major arms of COSO guidance in the most effective and efficient manner possible in conducting audit programs. This course will address practical application strategies for integrating the four arms of COSO guidance into audit and control programs. Whether you are looking for a COSO audit and control introduction or refresher, or a more expanded discussion of COSO reference guidance integration opportunities, this presentation is for you.
- Review of revenue recognition standards and lease standards
- Examine U.S. GAAP updates being reviewed by FASB
- Provide an overview of key reference information pertaining to the four major arms of COSO guidance: Internal Control, Risk Management, Fraud Deterrence, and Governance and Operational Performance
- Promote enhanced awareness of the importance and benefits of COSO guidance for organizations and auditors
- Link/integrate COSOs guidance to entity and process level audit and control programs
- Highlight the strategic impact of COSOs guidance and audit assessments thereto on the internal/control environment of organizations
||Saturday, December 12th, 2020. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
||Your home or office
||Dr. Regan Garey, CPA and James Hallinan, CPA, CIA, CFSA, CBA
||4 Accounting and 4 Audit CPE
||7 Substantive CLE / 6 Substantive CLE (PA)*
Dr. Regan Garey, CPA is a full-time faculty member in the business department at Lock Haven University, where her area of teaching expertise is in accounting and finance. She has extensive business experience as an accountant and small business owner. She has a BA in economics, BS in accounting, an MBA, and a Doctorate in business administration with a concentration in accounting. She is also an independent consultant who trains individuals with various levels of expertise in accounting. She is knowledgeable in audit and individual tax preparation, and she speaks to various organizations about financial literacy. Her book Business Literacy Survival Guide for HR Professionals is the basis for many of her presentations. She has also taught IFRS courses to CEOs and CFOs for other training organizations. Some other courses she facilitates include Fraud Red Flags and Tax Updates for Individuals.
Jim Hallinan, CPA, CIA, CFSA, CBA is a growth opportunity oriented (GO2) independent business/ organizational partnering consultant and inspirational writer/ speaker. Jim has over 30 years of combined corporate and independent experience, focused on providing proactive guidance, assessments, and support to organizations in their efforts to strengthen governance, risk management, internal control, and audit programs and processes. Jim has been a speaker at various in-house, professional/ organization and client conferences, and training events, and continues to develop/ update, expand and deliver an array of transformational personal/ professional and organizational development/ training programs. Jim’s life/work mission is dedicated: To help enlighten (‘bring forth the light from within’), inspire, empower, and support people from all walks and stages of life, and teams/ groups/ organizations of all types and sizes, in their quests to: create significant, positive, sustainable change; tap more fully into/ unleash their inner genius, infinite creativity, and unlimited potential; and experience ever-increasing levels of growth, fulfillment, and success!
* The ALA partners with McDevitt and Kline LLC for certificate issuance. Live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.