Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we will be hosting live webinars in place of live seminars for the foreseeable future. We will send an email as soon as live seminars are up and running again. We appreciate your patience.
For our CPA customers, note that live webinar credits are equivalent to live seminar credits and will satisfy your credit requirements.
For our attorney customers, individual state legal education requirements will vary. As of now, it appears that the PACLE Board will review attorney compliance on an individual basis if you are unable to find live seminar credits prior to your deadline. If you require more detail, please reach out to the Legal Education Board in your state.
The Keys to Positive Governance Integration for SMEs (Small/ Medium Sized Entities)
History clearly shows us that the major, high profile organizational ‘scandals’ and collapses over the years were rooted in inadequate/ ineffective Governance from the top. But Governance deficiencies through organizations of all sizes. A sound “Governance” framework is vital to the ethical, profitable running, growth, and sustainability of an enterprise. This program is focused on providing: an empowering platform for better understanding key distinctions and core elements of ‘good governance;’ and identifying strategic opportunities and practical application drivers for integrating a positive, proactive Governance framework for organizations of all sizes (with particular emphasis for SMEs) into their everyday risk management, operations, activities, processes, controls, and assurance (audit) programs, one that promotes and supports a sound, principled based, sustainable growth foundation for ongoing organizational success!
Major Themes/ Topics:
- Defining Times / Defining Governance
- Governance / SME Focus
- The Vital Personal and Organizational Governance Link
- Tone at the Top and The Critical Culture – Environment Connection
- Introducing the Governance ‘Bridge,’ ‘Umbrella’ and ‘Foundation’ Concepts
- The Cornerstones of Governance: Key Governance Elements, Roles and Responsibilities
- The Governance Framework: The Power of Clarity, Alignment, and Integration
- Governance (Self) Assessment (‘Auditing’): The Keys to Constant and Never-Ending Improvement
- The Critical Organizational Mindset Shift for Transforming Governance Challenges into Unlimited Growth Opportunities (‘GOs’)
Learning Objectives/ Goals (Outcomes):
- Promote positive, ethical, principled based Governance foundations in all organizations (with particular focus and emphasis for SMEs)
- Heighten awareness of the vital nature and importance of adopting sound Governance principles and practices
- Accentuate the positive role and impact each individual can have in strengthening their organization’s (and where applicable, client organizations’) Governance structure, processes, and controls
- Highlight strategic opportunities and practical application drivers for building / enhancing an organization’s positive Governance framework in support of sustainable growth objectives and initiatives, through critical risk management, process and control integration.
- Foster a continuous improvement organizational growth environment through proactive self-assessment / auditing practices
||Friday, November 19th, 2021. 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM EST
||Your home or office
||James Hallinan, CPA, CIA, CSFA, CBA
||4 Audit CPE
||4 Substantive CLE
James D. (Jim) Hallinan is the Founder, Owner, and Leader of GO2 JH Communications and Consulting. Jim is a growth opportunity oriented (GO2) personal, professional, organizational development, governance, leadership, audit and risk management / control trusted coaching, training and consulting resource partner, and inspirational – motivational communications leader. Jim has over 30 years of diversified corporate and independent consulting and training experience and has been a speaker at various in-house, professional/ organization, client conferences, and training events. During his corporate career, Jim managed relationships and assignments throughout the U.S. and internationally in London, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Taiwan. Jim’s life / work mission is to help enlighten (‘bring forth the light from within’), inspire, empower, and support people from all walks and stages of life, teams, groups, and organizations of all types and sizes, and families, schools and communities everywhere, in their quests to create significant, positive, sustainable change; tap more fully into / unleash their inner genius, infinite creativity, and unlimited potential; and experience ever-increasing levels of growth, fulfillment, and success!
* The ALA partners with McDevitt and Kline LLC for certificate issuance. Live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.