Due to the coronavirus outbreak, we will be hosting live webinars in place of live seminars for the foreseeable future. We will send an email as soon as live seminars are up and running again. We appreciate your patience.
For our CPA customers, note that live webinar credits are equivalent to live seminar credits and will satisfy your credit requirements.
For our attorney customers, individual state legal education requirements will vary. As of now, it appears that the PACLE Board will review attorney compliance on an individual basis if you are unable to find live seminar credits prior to your deadline. If you require more detail, please reach out to the Legal Education Board in your state.
Fundamentals of Self-Auditing and Ethics Self-Assessment
Sound ethics programs and controls are at the heart of and organization's overall environment and culture (small and large). The environment and culture are essential elements of both an organization’s internal control and (enterprise) risk management systems. Auditors are in a unique position to add value to organizations from an independent / objective assurance perspective when evaluating ethics programs, controls and activities. But one does NOT have to be an auditor to be able to add significant value to organizations. Virtually everyone, regardless of their position or role, can contribute significantly to help improve an organization’s ethical culture and control environment. The key is to become aware of HOW we all can be such contributors and influencers for positive environmental / cultural change and growth.
Our program explores the vital Audit/ Ethics linkage supporting an organization’s governance, environment/ culture, and core risk management and control systems / processes, via reference to prevalent professional guidance in these areas. And in doing so, our program also innovatively provides practical self-auditing and ethics self-assessment strategies, promoting proactive opportunities for strengthening organizational culture and environment foundations that support and further enhance value for all organizational stakeholders!
Program Themes and Learning Goals / Objectives
- Review a selection of Key Principles of External and Internal Auditor Codes of Conduct/ Ethics
- Distinguish Auditor Ethics from Client/ Organization Ethics Programs, Controls and Activities
- Discover the vital audit/ ethics and environment/ culture link(s)
- Identify impactful roles and opportunities for auditors and other organizational constituents in supporting ethically sustainable growth objectives/ goals and initiatives for any and every business (organization)
- Discuss entity wide, values-driven, clarity / alignment and integration decision-making, in an ever evolving and ethically challenging risk-based world
- Explore the fundamentals, value adding nature, and practical application strategies of Self-Auditing and Ethics Self-Assessment
||Friday, December 19th, 2021. 1:15 PM to 5:15 PM EST
||Your home or office
||James Hallinan, CPA, CIA, CSFA, CBA
||2 Audit, 2 Ethics CPE
||2 Substantive, 2 Ethics CLE
James D. (Jim) Hallinan is the Founder, Owner, and Leader of GO2 JH Communications and Consulting. Jim is a growth opportunity oriented (GO2) personal, professional, organizational development, governance, leadership, audit and risk management / control trusted coaching, training and consulting resource partner, and inspirational – motivational communications leader. Jim has over 30 years of diversified corporate and independent consulting and training experience and has been a speaker at various in-house, professional/ organization, client conferences, and training events. During his corporate career, Jim managed relationships and assignments throughout the U.S. and internationally in London, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Taiwan. Jim’s life / work mission is to help enlighten (‘bring forth the light from within’), inspire, empower, and support people from all walks and stages of life, teams, groups, and organizations of all types and sizes, and families, schools and communities everywhere, in their quests to create significant, positive, sustainable change; tap more fully into / unleash their inner genius, infinite creativity, and unlimited potential; and experience ever-increasing levels of growth, fulfillment, and success!
* The ALA partners with McDevitt and Kline LLC for certificate issuance. Live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.