Important Announcement: McDevitt & Kline, LLC (www.ceworkshops.com) is merging with the Accountant-Lawyer Alliance (ALA) in 2022. If you were a McDevitt & Kline customer, nothing would change other than you will be logging into the ALA website to register for classes if you decide to opt for an annual ALA membership. Alternatively, you can purchase courses a la carte on the ALA website as you have in the past (at the same prices) with McDevitt & Kline, LLC. Please email us with questions are email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building an Invincible Service Firm
11:00 AM to 12:00 PM – Check In & Lunch (Included)
12:00 PM to 4:15 PM – 4 CPE/CLE Credits
— Building an Invincible Service Firm Presented by William Kline, Ph.D., CFA and Tompkins Community Bank Expert Panel
4:15 PM to 6:15 PM – Networking & Happy Hour (Included)
Managers are tasked with developing and refining business models to compete with their industry peers. Not surprisingly, business model development has been a frequent topic of discussion in academia and in practice. During this new course, we will discuss the core theories and principles of strategic management, and systematically examine the key components of a good business model. We will use a number of examples and exercises to reinforce key concepts with a focus on applications for service firms and their clients. Don't miss this interactive event!
- Review the fundamentals of business models
- Highlight key characteristics of value propositions
- Examine current academic research on business model development
- Discuss factors influencing successful customer profiling/segmentation
||Friday, November 4th, 2022. 11:00 am to 6:15 pm EST
||Cedarbrook Country Club 180 Penllyn Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
||William Kline, Ph.D., CFA and Tompkins Community Bank Expert Panel
||4.0 Management CPE
||4.0 Substantive CLE
||Content last reviewed on 8.01.22
William Kline, Ph.D., CFA is an Assistant Professor of Management at Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg. He received his Ph.D. in Strategic Management from the Fox School of Business at Temple University. He has received four awards for teaching excellence including the Beta Gamma Sigma Professor of the Year Award (PSU – Harrisburg), the Dean’s Award for Faculty Excellence and Stanley Fuchs Award (Fordham University), and the Award for Excellence in Teaching by a Doctoral Candidate (Temple University).
Dr. Kline’s primary research interests include strategic decision-making and executive compensation. He has been published in 13 peer-reviewed journals including the Academy of Management Perspectives, the Journal of International Management, and the Journal of Strategy & Management.
Prior to entering academia, Mr. Kline was a manager at PricewaterhouseCoopers where he completed valuations for mergers and acquisitions, business planning, as well as tax and financial reporting. Mr. Kline also spent time consulting at CBIZ Valuation Group, Inc. and Curtis Financial Group, a regional investment bank.
* The ALA issues CLE credits through its partnership with McDevitt and Kline LLC, which is an accredited provider of CLE in Pennsylvania (PA CLE Provider # 5963). Live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. To the best of our knowledge, the following states have attorney self-reporting procedures for out-of-state provider programs or reciprocity with accredited providers in the state of Pennsylvania: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, South Carolina, and South Dakota. However, please review the specific rules and requirements in your state. Please contact member services with any questions at email@example.com.
Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.
If local decision making, best in class service, knowledgeable financial expertise coupled with a broad range of products and services for businesses and consumers is what you’re looking for, please contact Scott Stimson at Tompkins at 215-264-9022. Scott will ensure you are partnered with the right team to help you achieve your goals. We are proud sponsors of the ALA.