Morning Session - Sustainability Assurance Solutions for SMEs
Going concern and Sustainability issues have increasingly come into play as economic and other regional and international challenges and uncertainties seemingly abound. Large, public companies have access to extensive internal and external resources to help provide assurance during such ever evolving, risk expansive times. But what about SMEs (Small/ Medium Sized Entities)? How can SMEs obtain reasonable/ reliable assurance regarding sustainable growth objectives during such stressful times? The effectiveness of ongoing strategic as well as tactical business/ operational decision-making processes for SMEs are predicated on having timely, accurate, relevant, complete, and reliable informational data
reporting assurance upon which to base such short and longer term critical processes. When external resources are not viable from a potential cost intensive reality based consideration end, maximizing internal opportunities and resources from an efficient self-assessment (‘auditing’) approach can become an SME’s assurance solution. This course explores practical application fundamentals for driving effective and efficient internal (self-assessment/ audit) assurance processes supporting an SME’s governance/ ethics, strategic, risk management, and compliance-control programs and decision-making, while emphasizing the vital balance and integration of such fundamentals from a big picture and day-to-
day operational perspective.
Afternoon Session - The Ethics of ‘THE PROCESS’ … and Much More”
No major professional sports team has experienced a more incredible roller coaster ride of ups and downs, including literally the highest of highs, and the lowest of lows, than the NBA’s (National Basketball Association) Philadelphia 76ers (Sixers) over its 60 year history. The Sixers have had some of the game’s most prolific, all-time greatest (and
in some cases most controversial) players grace its courts including Wilt Chamberlain; Dr. J; Moses Malone; Charles Barkley; Allen Iverson (AI); and Joel Embiid. And it has had some of the all-time greatest and worst teams in NBA history over their 60 year organizational life span. So, what has caused such mind boggling and turbulent
ups and downs…? The answer (not the AI ‘Answer’), as it typically does across the broader landscape of overall historic business/ organizational realms, primarily comes down to organizational governance, leadership, and the organization’s internal environment and culture as set from above / within. This program is highly engaging,
informative, and interactive in its presentation of governance/ leadership/ and related ethical considerations from a high profile organizational impact and team/ player controversies end and the implications and practical application learnings gained from a going forward perspective.
Program Themes and Learning Goals / Objectives
- Explore Going Concern & Sustainability Considerations in Today’s Evolving Risk Landscape
- Define the Major Objectives and Role(s) of Assurance/ Self-Assurance
- Emphasize the Importance and Alignment of Governance/ Ethics/ Strategic and Operational
- Identify Opportunities for Promoting/ Supporting a Sustainable Growth Environment
- Emphasize the Ethics Advantage for SMEs!
- Laying the Foundation: A Brief Sixers History Overview and Major Event(s)/ Period Timelines
- Reviewing Select Accountant/ Auditor and Legal Profession Codes/ Rules of Ethics/ Conduct
- Considering the Potential Linkage of Professional Ethics and Client/ Organizational Governance
- Exploring the Evolving Governance/ Leadership and Organizational Environment/ Culture Landscape
- Studying Organizational/ Team Highs and Lows and underlying Driving Factors
- Trust The Process?!:’ Exploring the Intentional Nature and Ramifications of ‘The PROCESS’ Inside-Out
- Accentuating the Critical Alignment of Governance/ Ethics/ Strategic and Operational Objectives and
- Learning from Both Positive and Negative Governance experiences
- Applying Our Learnings for Future Growth and Success!
||Friday, December 16th, 2022. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
||Your home or office
||James Hallinan, CPA, CIA, CSFA, CBA
||4 Audit, 4 Ethics CPE
||3 Substantive, 4 Ethics CLE
James D. (Jim) Hallinan is the Founder, Owner, and Leader of GO2 JH Communications and Consulting. Jim is a growth opportunity oriented (GO2) personal, professional, organizational development, governance, leadership, audit and risk management / control trusted coaching, training and consulting resource partner, and inspirational – motivational communications leader. Jim has over 30 years of diversified corporate and independent consulting and training experience and has been a speaker at various in-house, professional/ organization, client conferences, and training events. During his corporate career, Jim managed relationships and assignments throughout the U.S. and internationally in London, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Taiwan. Jim’s life / work mission is to help enlighten (‘bring forth the light from within’), inspire, empower, and support people from all walks and stages of life, teams, groups, and organizations of all types and sizes, and families, schools and communities everywhere, in their quests to create significant, positive, sustainable change; tap more fully into / unleash their inner genius, infinite creativity, and unlimited potential; and experience ever-increasing levels of growth, fulfillment, and success!
* The ALA partners with McDevitt and Kline LLC for certificate issuance. Live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.