Session 1 - Strategic Internal Controls for Growth, Innovation, and Sustainability
Discover the essential concepts and strategies for redefining internal controls to drive growth, innovation, and sustainability in your organization. In this comprehensive course, you will explore the critical alignment between Governance, Risk Management, and Control (GRC) and its role in fostering a growth-oriented business environment. Gain insights into the impact of entity-wide and directive controls on your organizational culture and environment.
Learn how to cultivate growth-centric business operations by identifying opportunities for process improvement and internal control enhancements. Through engaging discussions and practical examples, you will develop the skills needed to integrate growth-focused practices into your organization's daily operations.
Session 2 - Positive Governance and Internal Control Takeaways for TODAY
In this course, you'll gain a deep understanding of the evolving roles, responsibilities, and coverage considerations in audit and assurance. Dive into the foundations of positive governance and internal control in a post-SOX world. Discover essential oversight essentials tailored for boards, business owners, and management, ensuring you have the tools to drive effective control mechanisms. We will discuss the challenges and growth opportunities related to both SOX and non-SOX compliance, catering to entities of all types and sizes. Join us to chart your path towards sustainable growth and compliance excellence in today's complex business landscape.
Program Themes and Learning Goals / Objectives
- Re-Define Internal Controls for Growth/ Innovation and Sustainability
- Discuss the Vital Governance/ Risk Management/ Control (GRC) Alignment and Growth Continuum
- Highlight the Impact of Entity Wide/ 'Directive' Controls on Organizational Environment / Culture
- Introduce Growth Centric Business Operations
- Identify Process Improvement / (Internal) Control Enhancement Integration Opportunities
- Examine a Brief History in SOX Time
- Review Foundations of Positive Governance / Ethics and Internal Control in a Post / Ongoing SOX World
- Introduce Oversight Essentials for Boards, Business Owners and Management
- Study Risk/ Reward and Cost/ Benefit Based Balanced Solutions Optimization
- Discuss SOX AND Non-SOX Related Compliance / Control Challenges and Growth Opportunities for ALL Types and Size Entities
||Saturday, December 2nd, 2023. 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
||Your home or office
||James Hallinan, CPA, CIA, CSFA, CBA
||8 Audit CPE
||7 Substantive CLE
James D. (Jim) Hallinan is the Founder, Owner, and Leader of GO2 JH Communications and Consulting. Jim is a growth opportunity oriented (GO2) personal, professional, organizational development, governance, leadership, audit and risk management / control trusted coaching, training and consulting resource partner, and inspirational – motivational communications leader. Jim has over 30 years of diversified corporate and independent consulting and training experience and has been a speaker at various in-house, professional/ organization, client conferences, and training events. During his corporate career, Jim managed relationships and assignments throughout the U.S. and internationally in London, Hong Kong, Japan, Australia, and Taiwan. Jim’s life / work mission is to help enlighten (‘bring forth the light from within’), inspire, empower, and support people from all walks and stages of life, teams, groups, and organizations of all types and sizes, and families, schools and communities everywhere, in their quests to create significant, positive, sustainable change; tap more fully into / unleash their inner genius, infinite creativity, and unlimited potential; and experience ever-increasing levels of growth, fulfillment, and success!
* The ALA partners with McDevitt and Kline LLC for certificate issuance. Live, internet-based courses are approved as Distance Learning courses by the PA Supreme Court CLE Board. For additional information, please visit http://www.pacle.org/. Check with your State CLE Board for rules pertaining to live webcasts. These rules differ from state to state. For example, PA attorneys may earn up to 6 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 6 out of 12 credits per year); NJ and DE attorneys may earn up to 12 CLE credits per compliance period via live webcasts (or 12 out of 24 credits per two years).
McDevitt & Kline, LLC is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be addressed to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors, 150 Fourth Avenue North, Suite 700, Nashville, TN, 37219-2417. Web site:www.nasba.org.